Flirting and Romance
A simple guide to impressing your "potential"
6. One of the more successful flirting techniques a woman can employ is to expose her neck. A head tilt, the classic hair flip, or the over-the-shoulder glance attracts men’s attention, exposes your neck, and gives you the opportunity to lock eyes. The over-the-shoulder move is extra-effective because it's sexy and sends a signal to your target that they are worth a second look.
7. Members of both sexes are subconsciously attracted to red, moist lips because they signal youth, sex and fertility. Red also increases a man's heart rate. How to capitalize on it? If you wear lipstick, a red shade gives women’s lips not only a youthful color but also a more obvious smile and whiter teeth. Using a super-shiny lip-gloss makes your lips look moist and kissable. If you don’t wear lipstick, keeping your lips moist with lip balm will also enhance your smile. Men or women should lick their lips subtly (you don't want to look like you're smacking your lips!) or bite the lower lip – both are extremely effective flirting behaviors.
8. For women, crossing and uncrossing their legs is a surefire flirting technique, especially if you're wearing high heels. A woman crossing her legs appears seductive to men and it makes them desire to see more. A serious turn on is slipping the heel out of your shoe and dangling it on your toe. The arch of a foot sends a sexual message and mimics a woman's curves, and makes a man's heart race.
9. Once you and your flirting target start talking, the next step is to intensify the attraction. How? Smile and maintain eye contact, focus all of your attention on what they say. Don’t scan the room; look over his/her shoulder or sneak peeks at the TV (unless it is part of your conversation). No one is more attractive than someone who gives you an undivided attention. Employ the nod and head tilt techniques. Smiling and laughing are crucial at this point – it quickly puts the other person at ease. Making low-level contact by brushing the shoulder or elbow is another effective flirting technique.
10. The final step is physical contact. A gentle subtle hand on the shoulder, gentle touch of the hand or forearm can set things in motion. This can be employed as a action to make a point or finalize a story as you talk. Don’t linger at first. Make the contact and pull back as you judge the response of your target. You will know when to continue and move forward.
Thought of the Day
Ten Effective Flirting Tips
For the most part, we will approach this from a female point of view.
BUT MEN…ALL this can apply to your approach as well!
Flirting is an art that even the most shy can master. To begin with…start with a genuine smile as you set yourself up for applying some of these techniques.
1. Men should stand tall with the shoulders pulled back and squared; women are biologically attracted to more dominant men. Take up some space with your presence.
2. For women, we groom or preen ourselves subconsciously when we are attracted to someone – by smoothing down our hair or clothes, checking our lipstick, or straightening a tie. Combine your grooming gesture with a smile and a gaze. You can also toss your hair to one side – a combination 1-2 punch of preening and a flash of neck. For men, this is a sign that she is trying to attract you.
3. We mirror each others body language – gestures, voice volume, posture, etc when we are attracted to another. Subtly mirror your flirting target's behavior – if she leans forward, lean forward; if he scratches his head, scratch your head (subtly!). When you mirror someone's in an not too obvious manner, they'll begin to feel, think and believe as though the two of you are connected.
4. A genuine, friendly smile is you’re most powerful. Behavior experts agree that a smile makes you more attractive and approachable. Guys, if a woman locks eyes and smiles with you three or more times in an evening, you have been given an unmistakably clear signal that she's interested. Make your move and exploit the opportunity. If you don't, she will eventually move on.
5. Gaze the eyes with the person you're flirting with for a full five to six seconds, smile and then drop your fix. Do this at least three times in a ten to fifteen-minute period. Your target needs to know you are flirting with him; making eye contact is a universal signal of openness.